Friday 5 October 2007

First Blog of Many

So I know that this is going to be the first blog of many to come. Possibly not as fun as some others out there (for instance Barista Brat) Who is AWSOME! But for my first blog I am actually blogging from work, very much not west of Cleveland but very much Eastside at work. Work is interesting and being a westsider I have learned alot working "downtown". I've never worked this far away from my house before. Usually it is Westlake, or Avon, or even as far as North Olmsted, but the "eastside" of Cleveland is a new domain for me. People wander the streets and walk up to your car window asking for spare change at red lights. Yes I know I am very suburbia to find that "strange" but that isn't something we see where I live and it isn't really that scary either (atleast not yet) I haven't had a gun pulled on me or anything I probably just jinxed it didn't I?

Why did I start a blog? I have nothing interesting to talk about. My life is not interesting.
OH well if I get readers I get readers and if I don't then I don't.
Here is what is going on West of Cleveland by way of festivals. (and some not so far west)

On Saturday October 6th There is a Fall New Car Show at Great Northern Mall in North Olmsted Starting at 10:00. New cars from lots around the area to be drooled on and admired.

Also on Saturday
A Scrap Quilt Exhibit
In the Cleveland Metroparks Rocky River Nature Center Starting at 9:30 if you're into quilts.

Now Through October 12 there is a Mid Ohio Draft Horse Sale In Mt Hope off of Route 241

Through October 13 is the Bradford Pumpkin Show in the streets of Bradford
The Fairfield County Fair in Lancaster Ohio

October 13-14
Apple Festival in downtown oak harbor
Harvest Festival, Hale Farm and Village, in Bath Ohio
Corn and Pumpkin Harvest Weekend , Lake Metroparks Farmparks in Kirtland
Apple Butter Days and Fall Foliage Tour in Gnadenhutten
Apple Butter Festival in Burton
(wow we really like our apples in Ohio don't we?)
And there's an Antique Festival in Birmingham Ohio


Now through October 21 The Pumpkin Train Northwest Ohio Railroad Preservation In Findlay
Also through October 21 The Ohio Renaissance Festival In Harveysburg

Through October 27
The Old Haunted State Street School on State St. in Vermilion
Terror Park, Cooper Stadium in Columbus
Haunted Wagon Ride and Scary Bale Maze, Young's Jersey Dairy, Yellow Springs
Wilmington Haunted Hollow Ride in Wilmington
Train of Terror and Haunted Engine House in Findlay


Man there's alot going on in October that's not even half of it
and I have a feeling that my posting what festivals are going on around Ohio is not going to last long. This may just end up being a fun semi-pointless blog. If my blog sucks let me know and if you don't want to read my blog at least check out Barista Brat as I've said AWESOMENESS only awesomeness from brat.

No comments: