Sunday 15 November 2009

Pros and Cons

Sullivan










Pros:
  1. I'm sorry did you look at the pictures? You didn't? Well you need to.
  2. 2.5 Acres
  3. Brand new barn (built in 2007) with an indoor riding arena
  4. 1 acre of pasture area
  5. City water (as opposed to well) don't get me wrong I'd get over using well eventually but if we don't have to then why worry about it.
  6. It's out in the country
  7. I could have horses
  8. The price is right
  9. This is basically what I've always wanted
  10. The house is small and manageable and we'd be able to add on if we wanted to (and we sort of already want to)
  11. We could have a billy goat (that would be Dave's pet)
  12. Dad is fully supportive
  13. The house was built in 1997 (yes it's a manufactured house but seriously. I'm not that shallow that I care if I live in a manufactured house seeing what it has on the property completely makes up for it)

Cons:

  1. There are some foundation problems and while I know that Dave and his father "can" fix the problems it's a matter of will they. I will have to mention it everyday and it makes me nervous
  2. I'd like to be able to please my mom (this is not pleasing her even a little bit) I don't think she's even trying to be happy about it and I know she has her reasons but it's frustrating
  3. It's far, while we are excited about living in the country I'll have to work at my current job and look for a new job at the same time because

A. I cannot imagine not working

B. This place is really far from my current job and while I can do anything for any given time I don't think I would like to spend the rest of my life driving 1 hour and 15 minutes to and from work.

4. Now we need to prepare our house to be sold and hope that everything falls into place because selling a house takes a lot of time and cleaning and (for lack of sounding like a whiny child) IT'S HARD!!!!

5. oh yes I don't want to have to move in with either of our parents because we've sold our home and something happens and this new house gets bought out from under us.

I'm sure that I will be adding to this list and modifying it as I go but right now this is all that I have. I know that I haven't done any posts lately but to be completely honest with all of the baby having going on around me I don't feel like I have anything interesting to say. That is by no fault of the baby having people my life just isn't interesting.

Update on Sullivan added December 1st 2009.

Damn it, Damn it, Damn it!!! If I've seen you or talked to you since Thanksgiving you already know this but for the blog readers I don't see all the time the deal fell through. We have a bid in and everything, the people selling the property are on vacation right now and need to get back to us but we now can't do it cause Dave has hit a seasonal wall at work. Meaning he's been laid off. this is the earliest lay off we've ever had but I suppose it's better for it to happen now instead of after we've signed papers and done all kinds of stuff and are in the new house and something happnens that costs a large amount of money. So there you have it that's the update. We're still planning on a move at some point but it will probably be more like Spring.

4 comments:

Adan said...

buy it!

Meghan Conrad said...

I'm with Adam. It looks amazing and perfect for you. You can't spend your whole life trying to please your mother, you know?

Also, I think that you are more interesting than babies.

Shawnee's Girl said...

if it is what you want then go for it. As Meghan said, you can't spend your life trying to please your mom, sometimes you need to please yourself (Stop thinking that!) wether she likes it or not. It is beautiful. And I think you are interesting baby or not! I keep checking for your next post

infonerdtoo! (",) said...

that's nice.. keep it up :)