Wednesday 12 August 2009

Blueberry Peach Crumble

This is possibly the easies recipe I've ever made (OK maybe not but it's darn close)


The recipe actually is Blackcurrant Crumble and I've made it with blackcurrants and it was good but with Blueberries and Peaches... YUM-O!
Aside from the measurements for the topping (which I will put in parenthesise) most of the ingredients are a "guess"
3 c blueberries and peaches Or any other berry that you think might be good in this, there was a suggestion of blackcurrant and apple (yum) or you could do blackberry or whatever. (or however much you have lying around)
2-3 tbsp sugar (again I just sort of throw some on) and with the peaches I added some cinnamon (if you've ever read my blog and come across baking posts you know I LOVE CINNAMON!)
1 1/2 cups flour (this is topping so don't go fudging it)
1/3 cup butter (again topping)
1/3 cup brown sugar (topping)

1/2 tsp cinnamon (topping but again I LOVE CINNAMON! I tend to just throw some in there)






Preheat the oven to 350



Rinse your berries cut any large fruit you may have and peel if you are feeling that motivated (I tried peeling the peaches it was a pain I got through two of them and left the skin on the last one.) Place berries in a baking dish and sprinkle over the sugar. Put the flour and butter in a food processor (or if you don't have one your hands work just as well for this) and process or rub in the butter by hand until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Stir in brown sugar and cinnamon. Spread the crumble topping over the berries and bake for 30 to 40 minutes.


Quick, easy, and delicious!
I think what I like most about this recipe is that you don't acutally need anything but a bowl and a baking dish. technically (as long as you aren't a freak out about that kind of thing) you can just use your hands to mix, (clean hands please) don't go splashing around in the mud before hand :-)
Enjoy!

2 comments:

Adan said...

looks delish!

Unknown said...

So good and so easy!