Monday 19 November 2007

Food Coma!!!

Oh my god!!! We just had our Thanksgiving feast at work. Before I elaborate I have worked in food service and retail for so long that I never realized that people in office settings actually have holiday parties. The idea of this potluck was not to make something and bring it, it was give money and we are ordering food. So the date gets set and we all give money and we order from Maggiano's. Luckily I find out not only is the food here AMAZING!! We seem to have a connection. our Senior Directors husband is a manager at this resturant. So of course he comes with the food and sternos to keep our food warm and a table cloth that he draped across the kitchen counter. Two different salads, bread and butter, extra sauce for everything and extra cheese if the pasta possibly isn't cheesy enough for you. We stuffed our faces and there's still is enough for tomorrow. Except we can't seem to fit it in the fridge as is so people are loading up plates and taking it home. Now this is a FABULOUS plan except I'm not sure I can look at that food right now. I may explode if I do. I no longer have the energy to care about working for the rest of the day and, am slowly slipping into a food coma. On the upside being that this is Thanksgiving week I only have to work for 3 days. Another perk about working in an office that I thought was just a myth but I find the longer I am here the more things I learn about what is myth and what really happens. It's nice to beable to socialize and not get in trouble for it (because the "boss" is right there next to you socializing as well) Alright I am done I'm going to take an afternoon nap now (I wish) and tonight I am going horseback riding after work (projectile Ziti anyone??)

Good Mosh Pitting

No comments: