Monday 18 August 2008

My weekend away



We decided to go to Windsor this weekend. I don't mean Friday when we got home from work we said hey let's go to Windsor this trip has been planned for a few weeks. We had it all planned the boys mom had gotten free tickets to go and see Tony Orlando (let me just say now no we did not go gag) however his sisters and his mom went to the show they got to meet him before the show and everything. I don't know I mean I get it Tony Orlando was a big deal in his day but I'm not so much a fan I only know maybe two of his songs and to be completely honest tie a yellow ribbon not really my idea of music. We got our own room this time which was nice we didn't have to worry about.................... well you know. We have finally been going there enough and we have a card to play with so we get offers for free rooms and free food and that makes it that much easier. We gambled slots, although I don't know how people sit there for hours I find slots boring. Roulette, Dave loves roulette he could sit there for hours if we had that much $ and we should have continued to sit at the one wheel we were hitting everything. Of course craps I love craps it's interactive and fun and there's always something going on. It's a little complicated but as long as you know the basics you are good as gold, we of course didn't win (that's why I am writing you from my desk at work) but hey we go with a certin amount and either we win or we lose, a lot of the time Dave likes to go to the roulette table before we leave put everything we have left on either red or black and if we win we win and if we lose, we lose. I'm not so much a fan of that tradition but that's what he does so whatever I'm over it. It was a good fun weekend good food, nice weather, and now we're back to reality.


Don't worry I'm working on my women's club story I'm still trying to come up with a proper title but I have gotten to work on the characters. Mind you I have changed their names because if one of them were to figure out how to enter the blog-o-sphere and they spotted this I would be in so deep.


There's The Talker- she doesn't stop talking about crap no one actually cares and she always has to be the center of attention, the second the attention is directed towards someone else she needs to create a diversion and get it all back on her, that's the only way she is happy. I haven't come up with a proper name for her yet.




The Young one- again no name yet but she's sort of the odd one out all of the other women love her for her spunk and she's fun and easy to get along with. There's also her mother another one of those characters that you just can't help but like she like's to laugh and have a good time, I think that deep down she's really happy that she's got her daughter to join it's a real bonding thing for them.




Maude- Yes I finally came up with a name and please don't be offended of your name is Maude it really is a good name but when I see her that's just what I think of. She's oh I don't know what did I say in the last post 70? soft spoken but still can have fun with the rest of the girls, has no idea what year it is apprant by her gaudy costume jewlery and bright blue eyeshadow did I mention that one eyelid is done up darker then the other. I don't think she even realizes it.




I think that's all that I have come up with so far.




Good Mosh Pitting




Here are some pictures for you to enjoy before I go. views out our window in Windsor and the Lobby.



No comments: